Tips of the day
Psoriasis is a skin disease where raised, rough, red and flaky patches covered with silvery scales appear on the skin. This condition mainly affects elbows, knees, lower back and scalp, but can also appear on any other part of the body. The disease causes irritation and burning. The severity of Psoriasis is different among different individuals; some suffer from severe condition that largely disturbs their life while some might feel only light irritation on the skin. It is non-infectious disease.
In Ayurveda it is believed that this disease is caused by the impurities in the blood associated with emotional factors.
The symptoms of psoriasis can be explained as follows:
- It generally first occurs on the elbow or on the knee
- Small pimples appear in the affected area, which are covered with white cap of scales
- Later these pimples enlarge till they form patches
- These patches can them appear on the scalp and face as well
- There is itching and burning in the affected area
Following are the causes of psoriasis:
- Genetic predisposition
- Environmental factors (cold weather)
- Trauma, emotional stress and climatic change
- Injury in the skin, infection, bug bite and sunburn
- Alcohol and smoking
- HIV patients are generally affected by psoriasis
The herbal remedy for the psoriasis includes using some cooling herbs that help in purification of the blood such as Oregon grape, burdock and dandelion. These herbs help in flushing out the toxins from your system. One of the most common complaints of the patient suffering from psoriasis is itching; menthol is the best way to ease the itching sensation. You can use a combination of peppermint oil and organic olive oil to apply at the area to alleviate the irritation.
If you are suffering from PSORIASIS and want safe and effective herbal medicines, then please fill below form for Doctor’s online consultation.
Disease : Gas, Acidity, Loss of Appetite I was suffering from the problem of Gas, Acidity and Loss of appetite. I had visited a lot of doctors for relief but nothing gave a long-term relief. Then I decided to take the consultation of Family Care Clinic under the guidance of Dr. Ritu Bhardwaj. A friend of mine suggested it. The herbs actually worked well and I feel a lot better now.U.S.A View All»