Tips of the day
Insomnia is a sleep disorder, where a patient suffers from sleeplessness, annoyance, agitation and depression. When such restlessness becomes a habit it can put your health is serious peril. Insomnia deals with two types of conditions – one is difficulty in falling asleep and staying asleep for as long as one desires, and the another issue is poor quality of sleep. If you are suffering from either of the above mentioned conditions related to sleep disorder for more than three to four weeks, then you need medical assistance.
For safe and effective herbal medicines, please fill up the form below for Doctor’s online consultation.
The symptoms of insomnia can be listed as follows:
- Inability to fall asleep for days together
- Disturbed, broken and poor quality of sleep
- Sleepiness and fatigue during the day
- Agitation, irritability and anxiety
- Difficulty faced in concentration and memory
A variety of causes can lead to insomnia such as Tension, Depression and Stress. The circumstances that lead to insomnia are usually:
- Irritation or slight degree of pain
- Uncomfortable surroundings such as insufficient covering in winter or hot nights without fan
- Overfull stomach causing discomfort
- Continuous worry
- Fever infection or nervous weakness
- Encountering stressful conditions
- Strident noise and light
- Drastic changes in sleep schedules (jet lag, change in working shifts)
All the above mentioned conditions prevent the brain from obtaining the degree of relaxation which is a prerequisite for sleep. If a condition is temporary, the affected person may suffer from disturbed sleep now and then.
Common Herbs that help induce sleep:
First let us be clear about what to avoid when suffering from insomnia, avoid caffeine, fizzy drinks, sweet food and over-the-counter sedative medicines as they can have side effects. Eat food that is rich in carbohydrates such as whole grains; even food rich in magnesium act as natural sedatives and this includes green vegetables, brewer’s yeast, wheat, and almonds & cashews. Herbs like chamomile, lavender, valerian and kava have benign soporific values, you can make a bed time tea using these herbs to get some good night’s sleep.
Disease :gout I was suffering from gout since 10 years, After taking treatment from Family Care Clinic, I got satisfactory results. Thank you very much.U.S.A, California View All»